Friday, May 12, 2017

The Liebster Award - A Way To Discover New Blogs

Happy Wednesday Friends! I know what you're thinking... Liebster what?! I know, I haven't heard of it either and I've never really done one of these blog introduction things. Sometimes it's good to sit back and ponder on why you do what you do.
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by my good friend (from way back in Bible college) Sandy, she blogs over at Creating Kilter. I reference her blog often around here because we both do a series on Digging Deep in the Word (of which I plan to get back to get back to on a regular basis). Click on over to her site, she posts great things on children, home, marriage, and the Word of God.
Without further rambling(especially on those crazy things we did in college!) I'll get to the questions for this Award...
The Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
Almost ten years ago (Crazy! Right?) I started this blog when I was in college. I actually think I started the whole "it's cool to have a blog in college" at our small Bible College. That wasn't my goal- to start a cool college blog trend, I just wanted a way to document what was going on at school and keep my family and friends updated.

2. What drove you to your niche?
Honestly there was no niche when I started. It was basically an online journal. Lately though, and in the coming future with a new site launch, my post tend to be centered around home. I guess you could say it's in the niche of Lifestyle blogging but maybe more like Homestyle blogging - a little decorating, a little design, a little recipe making, a little crafting, a little herbal health info...basically this blog is an extension of how I share my life at home with you. Homestyle Blogging... I like that.

3. What is your ideal day?
I love a peaceful but productive day at home. Time in the Word in the morning with the perfect cup of chai... play the piano for a little...leading to some housework... then time(and inspiration) to write for the blog and design on the new website... do some research on health and herbal healing... some time outside- walking, gardening, it doesn't matter...a yummy homemade supper (I love grilled chicken salads!), time with the Hubsband... an evening working on something with my hands while watching an old movie, and reading before bed. In all honesty... I do most of these everyday. I live a somewhat ideal life.

4. If you could do any job what would it be?
I'm doing it. Be a wife and a homemaker. I do wish, be a Mama, was a part of that, but the Lord hasn't allowed that to happen yet.

5. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I've been to a lot of places in the United States, to Mexico, to Prince Edward Island, and even across the pond to Germany. I can't pick one...I love to see new places. But I would love to see the Canadian Rockies by train, and visit London.

6. What keeps you motivated?
Coffee. Haha! No, not really. I guess what really motivates me is knowing the feeling I'll get after I've accomplished what I planned.

7. What do you do for fun?
It depends... Read, play Mario Brothers 1,2, or 3 with Matt on our vintage Nintendo system, take a walk in the woods, play the piano, ect...

8. What is your biggest life goal?
I want to get to the end of my life and know that I lived a life that was pleasing to the Lord. That I honored Him with my life.

9. What is your all time favorite book?
Obviously my KJV Bible is tops, but outside of that... hmmm... does anyone realize how hard of a question that is for an avid reader? Maybe Anne of Green Gables or A Hopeful Heart by Kim Vogel Sawyer.

10. Where is your happy place?
By Myself - in the woods by a creek
Not By Myself - anywhere with my Husband

11. What is your motto?
I never really thought of a life motto... but this year I've thought of the quote by missionary Jim Elliot a lot.
"Wherever you are,
be all there,
live to the hilt of every situation
 you believe to be the
will of God. "
 
 
Thanks Sandy for giving me the Liebster award! As for my nominees...
The Sisters:
Emily @ Each for Each Other 

Blog Rules:
  • In your blog post, thank the person who has nominated you for the award, add a link to their blog, and display your award with pride.
  • Answer the eleven questions that the person has asked you.
  • Find blogs that you think deserve this award and nominate them. Let them know that you have nominated them.
  • Provide 11 questions prepared by yourself for them to answer.
  • List these rules in your blog post.

  • Your Questions

    1. Why did you start blogging?
    2. What drove you to your niche?
    3. What is your ideal day?
    4. If you could do any job what would it be?
    5. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
    6. What keeps you motivated?
    7. What do you do for fun?
    8. What is your biggest life goal?
    9. What is your all time favourite book?
    10. Where is your happy place?
    11. What is your motto?

    1 comment:

    1. I loved reading your answers! Thanks for doing it!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!