Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Life Lately | Currently



Happy Tuesday folks! I thought I'd catch you up on what's been going on around here and why my poor blog has been silent for a few weeks. The merging of spring into summer makes for craziness around here, especially in regards to outdoor work. I've spent hours in the garen planting, weeding, watering, and FINALLY starting to harvest some of my labors. Here's a few more things that have been keeping me busy.

Reading - Mentoring and Modeling with my devotions. Full of good nuggets and information for teaching and mentoring young people. It was one of the required reading books for a teaching class in college and I have read through it several times since. Also reading at the moment In Every Heartbeat by Kim Vogel Sawyer. Love Her Books. Period. And looking forward to starting a new book called Passionate Housewives: Desperate for God.

Playing - Not much lately. An Adventure in Odessy or two and mostly podcasts. I'm still working on Revive our hearts series of podcasts on Titus 2, so meaty y'all, but I won't go into that again. Check out my post on podcast recommendations for more info.

Watching- Again, not really a lot. About two weeks ago I was on a Judy Garland kick and was watching a bunch of movies I have of her - Summer Stock, For Me and My Gal, Crazy Girl, and The Wizard of Oz. I'm almost done with a BBC series called Cranford I borrow from my sister-in-law.

Trying- new things. In the past week I have done two new photoshoots that I've never attempted before: newborn and maternity. Newborn is SO MUCH FUN. They'll be another newborn photoshoot in about a month when another new Mama gives birth. You'll see those photo shoots up on the blog soon!

Cooking- Anything and everything grilled. Steak and chicken for Father's Day and that means tonight- Steak Tacos! I also baked russet potatoes whole on the grill- no oven needed!

Drinking- apple cider drink at the moment, with strawberry watermelon stevia drops. And dirty chai affogatos. But a frozen coffee sounds great right now.

Pinning - not a whole lot. It was mostly photography ideas for the newborn and maternity shoots. A few house idea pins and food ideas.

Crafting - cullottes for some girls from another church who is coming to camp, I think I personally am up to my seventh pair. We had a cullotte making party the other day at my mom's and made about 12 pairs. Other than that a few painted signs and still working on a baby blanket for the new niece coming soon.

Doing - a ton of running. Last week was BUSY! My sister-in-law had her baby and had asked me to stay with her some after the birth, so between two full days of that, a full day of cullotte making, photoshoots, and trying to keep up everything at the house I am beat. Trying to slow this week down as we approach youth camp next week. This year we are both going as counselors. Yippee!

Loving - Laughter, creek-wading, and southwest grilled chicken salad.

Hating - humidty. Every part of it, from sticky skin to frizzy hair.

Discovering - God's made a way for all of us to flourish, in whatever soil(enviroment) He's placed us in. You may have grown up in a difficult home situation, like a sandy dry soil, but God has plants that grow and thrive and Bloom in that soil. You can flourish no matter the soil of your life. I'm working on a Bible Study and post on this too.

Thinking - I need to set a scedule once a week to devote to writing blog posts. An actual scheduled time. I have all sorts of ideas, the problem is by the time I sit to write, I forgot what I wanted to write or where I was going with a particular thought.

Feeling - ready for our bathroom remodel to be done. The drywall dust and having to take everything to the bathroom with you is getting pretty old. But we're getting close, I should be able to paint today or tomorrow.

Hoping for - A great week at camp. Strength to endure the long, hot days. Wisdom to seize opportunities to connect with campers. The moving of the Spirit in the lives of the campers. And cooler temperatures would be nice too.

Celebrating - the birth of my new nephew - Andrew. There were a few minor complicatinos but all is well and Mom and baby are learning to adjust. It will be different having a nephew nearby to do Auntie things with.

Smelling - last night it was the wonderful smell of a summer rain and wet dirt. We desperately needed a good soaking rain and the Lord provided it last night. This morning, it's the cinnamon candle I had burning.

Finishing - the bathroom and the last pair of cullottes.

Starting - to pack soon for camp, and planning the food for when our friends from NC come to visit before and after camp!

Considering - all that I need to do this week to be ready for next. I better get a move on!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!