Friday, October 26, 2007

Psalm 139


Oh so much has happened since I last posted. The Lord is truly better than we deserve!
The other day I checked my e-mail and I had a situation that I started to worry about. The problem was, I had checked my e-mail on my Theology class break, so when I went back into class I wasn't in the mood to focus on Theology. I was a mess and usually I don't let things like that bother me but this was a little different. So I was trying to pray and ask the Lord to help me focus on my class and I could deal with it later. Well, a question came up during that period of class and it involved going to Psalm 139. So we read one verse, I don't even remember what it was now but I proceeded to start at the beginning and read the whole Psalm.
The beginning is wonderful. " O Lord, thou has searched me and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art aquainted with all my ways." (Vs.1-3) Later on in the psalm is says; "How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!" (Vs. 17) " Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everslating." Oh how these verses jumped out at me! I needed to realize that the Lord knew what I had received in that e-mail, He knew the whole situation and no worrying that I could do was going to help at all. The Lord is still in control and he always will be. Why should I even try to take care of matters in my own hands when God can do one hundred percent better than I? So I left it with Him, the situation was resolved and I made a fuss about nothing. He also had taught me this week to be careful what I promise people and to not let my pride(Yes, that Davis pride!) get in the way. I made a huge mistake and now I had to suffer the consequences, living with the fact that I had hurt another person. Though all will soon be well again! And then just now before I came up here, Maggie, Anna, Rachel, and I were singing for a couple of minutes in the dining hall after lunch and we decided to have a moment of prayer; not really for anything, just to pray. We took probably ten minutes and had the sweetest time of prayer, we were all in one accord and as we were all going through our separate situations the Lord knew, and we prayed for strength for each other. That time was so beautiful I can't even really describe it! Well I should go I have a bulletin board that I have to finish before 3:30, but I needed to post before the day was over. May the Lord Bless everyone until I post again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!