This picture is absolutely gorgeous. I saw it on Mrs. Deardorff's page and I loved it. I didn't get a chance to post anything last week. Friday was so busy, even though I didn't even have to put in any library time(I had worked 2 hours in one day so I had Friday off) but that was good because Tracy came to visit. We spent the morning visiting and having a good time. We also finally received our yearbooks from last year, so it was funny to see how everyone has changed. This weekend was great, the college students and teenagers from Maranatha had the opportunity to go to Hagerstown, MD for Pastor Staley's Missions Day. Missionary Oliver (Pronounced o-liv-iea) Broc was the speaker. He was born and raised in France until he came to the Martinique Islands in the Caribbean. He gave his testimony and preached a total of 4 times. It was great, the main thrust of his messages were that you must have your life right with God before He can call you to the mission field. He also showed a power point presentation of the work in France and how the Lord is blessing over there. He and his family are currently living in Pensacola, Florida; their children are in the Pensacola Christian Academy, and they are currently seeking what the Lord has for them to do, whether it be going back to France or going to another French speaking country. But it was a good day, besides the fact that it took about two and a half hours to get there and the same on the way back. Probably one of the highlights of the day was getting to see Kirsten Roach, my friend and Mikey's sister. Her Dad and brother came over for the preaching, since they only live about an hour and a half away. So it was a good day and Sunday was great too, it always is. I love Sundays, there are usually so busy, but I love it. I get to help in Jr. Church, I have a Sunday school class to go to, I can sing in choir, and we have Cantata practice at night and I always get to sit around after church and talk to my friends. Usually we go to Nursing Home in the afternoon but our chaperon was out of town this week. So the s stayed in the dorm and got extra sleep and other things done. Sundays are wonderful; I forgot to mention, but we get to sleep in on Sundays too! Well I should go I need to get some other things done. I'll post again on Friday!
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Pressing on
This picture is absolutely gorgeous. I saw it on Mrs. Deardorff's page and I loved it. I didn't get a chance to post anything last week. Friday was so busy, even though I didn't even have to put in any library time(I had worked 2 hours in one day so I had Friday off) but that was good because Tracy came to visit. We spent the morning visiting and having a good time. We also finally received our yearbooks from last year, so it was funny to see how everyone has changed. This weekend was great, the college students and teenagers from Maranatha had the opportunity to go to Hagerstown, MD for Pastor Staley's Missions Day. Missionary Oliver (Pronounced o-liv-iea) Broc was the speaker. He was born and raised in France until he came to the Martinique Islands in the Caribbean. He gave his testimony and preached a total of 4 times. It was great, the main thrust of his messages were that you must have your life right with God before He can call you to the mission field. He also showed a power point presentation of the work in France and how the Lord is blessing over there. He and his family are currently living in Pensacola, Florida; their children are in the Pensacola Christian Academy, and they are currently seeking what the Lord has for them to do, whether it be going back to France or going to another French speaking country. But it was a good day, besides the fact that it took about two and a half hours to get there and the same on the way back. Probably one of the highlights of the day was getting to see Kirsten Roach, my friend and Mikey's sister. Her Dad and brother came over for the preaching, since they only live about an hour and a half away. So it was a good day and Sunday was great too, it always is. I love Sundays, there are usually so busy, but I love it. I get to help in Jr. Church, I have a Sunday school class to go to, I can sing in choir, and we have Cantata practice at night and I always get to sit around after church and talk to my friends. Usually we go to Nursing Home in the afternoon but our chaperon was out of town this week. So the s stayed in the dorm and got extra sleep and other things done. Sundays are wonderful; I forgot to mention, but we get to sleep in on Sundays too! Well I should go I need to get some other things done. I'll post again on Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!