Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Joy overflowing!


I really have so much to say, my heart is full and overflowing. I am on Thanksgiving break and it has been good from the first day, though I must say that it is going to fast. I got home Saterday morning and started off a wonderful break with homeade Biscutts and gravy! Boy was it Great! I Love It! I was able to spend a couple of hours with my best friend Ruth that afternoon, because I found out that she was going to Connecticut for the holidays and I wasn't really going to get a chance to spend time with her. The fellowship wsa sweet, it always is even thought we had had time to spend with each other for months. After going home that night I ate supper and played some Scatergories with my family. Sunday just got better. We went to church and that was exciting in its self because it was the last day of Missions Conference. I ablsolutely Love Missions Conference! We had the Hess' to the Ukraine(I was able to see their slides), the Harris Family to Belgium, the Sterz's doing Bible distribution all over the world, and the Newmans( a young couple going to Bolivia). So when I first sat down in my pew with my family, my friend Amy comes up to me and hands me an envelope and says, "someone told me to give this to you." Well church was about to start so I put it in my Bible to open when I got home that afternoon. I didn't want to open it for fear that it might be something that would cause me to cry. After the amazing services we were in the car on the way home and Mom asked what Amy had given to me and I told her I didn't know, so I opened it. I cried. The Lord is so good to me, inside that envelope was almost the whole amount of money that I needed to pay my bill for this month and most of next month. I was thinking about it and I knew the Lord would provide but I had forgotten about, I was busy thinking about break, and I had stopped worrying about how I was going to pay my bill. And He showed me how much He loves me. I never expected someone to give me anything. I don't even know who it was, the only thing that was on the paper in the envelope was the verse about "with men it is impossible, But with God All things are possible." So I wrote a thanks you note and gave it to Amy to give to the donator that night. The Lord is so good, I don't know what else to say. When I talked to my friend that night and told him about the money he told me he knew the Lord was going to to that.(He had been praying with me about the money situation) We were listening to a cd on the way home and this song caused the tears to start anew again. Here some of the words:
Oh, the joy of having all in Jesus,
There are sins so great, but He'll forgive it,
For a sorrow that he does not feel,
If I have but Jesus, only Jesus,
Nothing else in all the world beside,
Oh, that everything is mine in Jesus,
For my needs and wants he will provide.
Right now I am at Grandma Davis', this morning was a busy morning, I got up early to make pies before Grandma got up. I managed to peel the apples last night and so I got a little head start before she got up. We made six pies; 2 pumpkin, 2 apple, 1 sweet potato, and one rasberry. I am going to make a pupmkin roll tomorrow. I should go and clean the house a little before we leave. The Lord is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!