Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Baking

Well I was going post some pictures that we took this morning, but our connection speed is so slow that they wouldn't load. But I thought I would post a little something. This morning we made more Christmas cookies. We decided not to make as many cookies as we normally do. So we made peppermint candy-cane cookies, chocolate chip(with holiday chips), roll out sand tarts(with plenty of sprinkles and love) and I stirred up some cream cheese candies. Mom also made a new recipe for this candy that is like peanut brittle, but it had corn chips in it. So she said it was good but I didn't get a chance to try it yet. So we are done cookie baking, I think. Actually now that I think of it, we do have to make more chocolate chip cookies for the party at my grandparents house on New years Eve. And we are going to make a gingerbread house, but not til after the holidays. Mom wants to make one and Shellac it so we can keep it. We have made ones before but we always eat them.Yum!
The kids and I are off in about a half an hour to go to my Grandma Ness's Christmas party for the grandkids. We are supposed to go and make cookies at her house and spend time with our great-aunts and uncles too. Then after that while I'm in Hanover I am going out to Grandma Davis's house and making supper for her. I'm going to make fried chicken, mashed potatos, corn... probably the works. :)
So the rest of the day will be busy but I wanted to post anyway.
Oh, I was going to talk and then I remembered that I wanted to put how it went last night. Our church choir had the chance to go to our mall and sing Christmas carol and pass out preaching cd's. It went great and I really was glod of the chance to forget about the worries of not having a job and just take time to think about the Christmas season. Afterwords we went to Stevie B's, a pizza buffet, Pastor Bill was able to get us in for $2.75 instead of the $4.50. So we had a good time. Well now I will stop, my lunch is waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!