Thursday, December 20, 2007

Waiting



Doesn't this picture remind you of simpler times?

Well, so much has happened and yet, so little. I was looking at my last post it was from December 4th. Wow! I guess that last week of school went by in a flurry. Projects, Finals, packing, saying goodbye, pre-employment testing; yes, a lot happened. So I have wanted to post since I have been home but we have had problems with our phone lines at home. Right now I am hooked to the internet on a phone line that is attached to the telephone pole outside. We decided we like Green Acres so much we wanted to model their mode of communication, except we don't have to climb the pole to talk on the phone, we just sit by the window. But besides that...
Today I went out with my Mom and siblings to a couple of stores. I began my professional application filing out job today. I tell everyone I should make this my profession, filing out applications for a living. I applied at Ross (a dress outlet), Quiznos Subs, Michael's (a craft store), and Pizza Hut where we ate lunch. I talked to the lady at Quizno's right away, but no one wants someone who is going to work for a month and then leave. And I wasn't even planning on applying at Pizza Hut but when I walked in it brought back so many memories of when I worked there in Colorado. It smelled wonderful, I know all that grease, I didn't say I liked eating there but I love the smell of pizza! So I filled the application out while we were waiting for our pizza and then while we were eating the manager came out talked to me. I told her that I had worked as a cook in Colorado and that I ran the buffet during the day. But she said that she didn't want to hire anyone before the holidays because of the craziness of it all and I told her that I was going to go back to school in January. She was a little disappointed, I think, but the good news is that she said for me contact her in the summer because they always need help. So it was another kind of depressing day. I need to go online and see if I can apply at some other places and keep trying. I really want to go back to school but if I don't have the money I can't. I am willing to accept that if it the Lord's will for me to drop out than I will, but it isn't something that I want to do. I know the Lord is capable of anything and everything. If fact I was reading a paper we had the other day and saw a quote that was just what I needed. It said this: THERE IS NO TIME LOST WAITING, IF WAITING ON THE LORD. What a promise! I'm not wasting time here at home waiting to see what the Lord is going to do about a job as long as I am doing all I can. I'm not saying this is easy but God gives grace.
We also have lost electricity 2 times since I've been home and we had a big ice storm. And lots of snow, though it is all melted now. We have been busy shopping and decorating and making cookies and everything else. I love Christmas!
Another big highlight is that our choir from church has the opportunity to sing at our local mall Friday night. And I wasn't even planning on going because you have to be part of the choir to go and I am not a part of the choir. But Sunday the assistant pastor's wife came up to me and said "What are you doing on Friday night?" So... I'm going along. It is a great privilege for our church, we have the freedom to pass out literature and sing Christmas songs full of the message of the birth of Christ.
Well I should go now I have other things I should do. Mom is starting supper and I am going to teach Josiah his math for today. They got a late start doing school today because we were gone all morning. Til next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girlie! Keep trusting the Lord and wainting on Him. I love you and am praying for you! I know He will guide and provide. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!