Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year



I was on a website and saw this picture and I know, I'm not crazy about cats but I like the picture of the window and how the cat seems contemplative. There are so many things to say but I won't get a chance to say all of them. The Lord truly is good, too good to us! We don't deserve any of the blessings He sends our way. It seems like so much has happened since last New Years. A year ago I was in Colorado, enjoying the snow and the beautiful mountains that I miss so much. But I think of all the things that I learned during that time and the lessons the Lord showed me when I came back to school. Lessons like no matter how much I wanted to help others, there was nothing I could do of myself to help them. The Lord was the one in control and the best way I could help was to take it to the Lord in prayer. At school I have made so many memories! Wow! In ways it makes me sad, thinking that I will never live those memories again, they are forever gone. But then I think of the Missions conference, college days and new friends, dumb promises, and a sweet spirit in the dorm. I went through this summer not having a job and struggling with that and being able to come back to school, learning more lessons and seeing God work in unimaginable ways. I still continue to see Him work, like the girl Sandy led to the Lord , the girl I witnessed to the other day, and Mikey telling me that when he preached last night a lady came forward and received Christ. Praise the Lord for His goodness! And now here I am again waiting, wondering what is going to happen and realizing that it doesn't matter. The Lord has my life all planned out til I die and what right do I have to try and make my own plans? He knows best. He died for me, the least I can do is do what He asks me. I Love Him so! Well I guess I'll stop, maybe I'll reminisce again soon. I hope all you are doing well and may we continue to serve him with gladness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!