Friday, February 1, 2008

A Moment to Reflect



Well, it has been a while since I just sat down an wrote a really long post. I wanted to earlier in the week, but classes and everything else prevented me. I have to think where I want to start, Anna Greer and I were talking the other day and saying how much we love having these blogs. I told her I love mine because, not only you can see what is happening in my life but I also can go back and read previous posts and be amazed at what the Lord has done since I started writing. I don't know maybe this will help prepare me to write a book like everyone tells me I should do, Greer said that her siblings tell her she should write a book too. We joked around, saying we could co-author one, who knows what the Lord has in mind. But I Love having Anna in the dorm with me along with all of the other s. I am still amazed at how the Lord allowed me to come back to school, I couldn't imagine not being here. I love it even though I feel I am busy all the time. That's good though, we are to be "Redeeming the time, because the days are evil." And that is the truth, this world is one wicked place and getting worse all the time. Last weekend was pretty busy, we had Missions Conference, with 5 different missionaries here. We really had a wonderful time with the 2 of the missionary families that were here. And Saturday morning was the Ladies Prayer Breakfast. Dr. Hitchens said that any dorm s that wanted to go could let him know and the college would pay for it. But before this I had told the s that they could sleep in as long as they had their Saturday jobs done before lunch. So most of them wanted to sleep in but Rebekah, Anna, and I decided to go. It was a huge blessing, we went to Denny's for breakfast and they had the Missionary wives give a testimony and then we had a short time of prayer. We really enjoyed the fellowship there. Then later that day I had something happen and I went down into "the depths of despair". I was mostly mad at myself for hurting one of my friends and I was trying to deal with it. But the Lord knew I needed to learn things from this trial, and I do mean it was a trial. So I felt like I was down in the valley, but the Lord always leads us our of the valley because He "never leaves us, nor forsakes us". He truly is wonderful and every day that I prayed about this situation that He would give me the grace to get through it and that He would have His way in the matter, it seemed to get a little better. My family came down to surprise me for my birthday on Sunday and I really enjoyed spending time with them even though it was only sitting in the dining hall and talking. Earlier that afternoon we had gone to Nursing home which was another blessing and an eye opener. Some of the residents that we had been witnessing to had passed away or had gone downhill health-wise and we were sobered much by the reality that those people have a limited amount of time to be here and we need to keep pressing on, telling them about God's love and forgiveness. So I had a wonderful birthday on Sunday even though everyone tells me I am officially the Age of Nothing, everyone made it wonderful for me. Monday's devotions in the dorm were such an encouragement, we all read out of Ps. 116 (which is a wonderful psalm!) and each commented on what really stuck out to each of us. One of the verses that just jumped out to me was verse 6."The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me." Even though I felt I was in the valley, the Lord (in a matter of days) had brought me back to the mountain and it wasn't anything that I had done, it was all Him. When I finally surrendered my wants and will to do His, he showed me it wasn't going to be miserable. He gave me joy! And He always will. Then yesterday I was reading in the Book of Isaiah, chapter 26 verse 4; "Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:". He is the only way I can get through each day, "His mercy endureth forever", without Him I am so weak, He provides for every one of my needs and a lot of my wants(JEHOVAH JIRAH), He gives me family that I can't even express how much I love and adore, and He's provided me with special friends to stand by me as we walk down this road together, He is better to me that I deserve and He alone deserves all the Honor and Glory. Now I am to the point of tears, but they are happy tears, that show me my heart is full and "my cup runneth over". Enough for today, maybe I'll post sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha ha! =) guess who! This is the other Anna, only do you know the other Anna, cause I'm not that Anna, I'm the other Anna! =) ha ha ha! I love it. It's so much fun. . . So, hmm. . . now I'll be serious. . . um. . . . I don't think I'm in that kind of mood. . . Well, no, seriously though. I'm so thankful you are here too, and I'm glad that both the other Anna's are friends cause I love it! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!