Monday, March 24, 2008

Time of Refreshing



Acts 3:19
"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;"


I am happy to say that I am home on spring break and have a time of refreshing with my family and my Lord. I was at a point in the semester that I needed a break, everyone reaches the point where they need too get away from each other. So after a week of college days everyone was at that point. I want to recap what all happened last week.
Oh, where to begin! Preaching Conference and College Days both went wonderful. The three speakers for the week were J.B. Collins, Bill Behrens, and Chuck Cofty. Every morning in chapel we had two speakers and two every night. So besides having 10 extra girls in our dorm, I had classes that I had to attend. The ensemble had practice Tuesday and Wednesday in the afternoon and we had warm ups every morning ten minutes before Chapel began because we sang for every chapel and Tuesday night. The college girls also were scheduled to sing Monday night and play offertories Monday and Wednesday night. So there were more practice times.Monday night Sandy and I were the first to start out the missionary story in the children's classes at night. Then Tuesday afternoon we had the college presentation where Dr. Hitchens had various students and alumni give testimonies about coming to Maryland Baptist Bible College. I was asked to give a testimony(which I was really excited about giving) so I wrote that Tuesday morning while everyone was in class. Then right after presentation we had our Teaching Reading class. We conviced some of the guys to come down and listen to our class, they think that her classes are easy. We begged Mrs. Bullock to read a children's story and she did. I think the guys have a better idea of how difficult her classes are, we took noted for about 45 minutes straight, the normal is an hour straight. Daniel(Seth's brother who will be attending in the fall)and Mikey are thinking of taking one of her classes next semester. On Wednesday we had class and then a gym activity with pizza for supper. And during the one game we were paying all star baseball and one of the guys threw a football the length of the gym and I when I went to catch it it hit my pinkie finger on my left hand. I played a little longer but then I decided to go and put ice on it. By the time I sat through church my finger had swelled and turned black, blue, purple, and green. I asked Mrs. Cox(a lady in the church who is a nurse) look at it, to tell me if it was broken or not; she told me she was pretty sure it was broken but if the swelling and bruising were worse in the morning I was to go and get it X-rayed. After she looked at it I went down to social parlor. Seth went out and bought me a splint at Wallmart. The next day it wasn't any worse so I put the splint on it and went to classes. Right after lunch we went to Rita's because they were handing out free ice for the first day of spring. After lunch we went to listen to preaching and then after preaching the social parlor and gym were open. So we played some Mad Gab and then we had the evening services. That night we had no lights out since we were all going home, so they put in Over the Hedge and some of the girlies and I stayed up until 2. Friday morning we all packed our things and left by 10. Most of the college students went to Brenda and Sandy's house to play softball. It was a little cold to be playing softball. So I left there around 4:30 and went home. I ate pizza with my family and we watched some movies. Well I could go on but I don't have time. Oh, but I have to put here that my Mom pulled a cello out of her room Friday night after we ate. I was in shock, but I played that cello broken finger and all. Anyway I'll post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!