
I decided to post today. I was going to post yesterday but I was busy on my e-mail and used up all my time for the day. And I began to post on Friday morning but I was just feeling weird and felt like I couldn't communicate well. So, now I have to remember all the highlights from last week and post them...
Wednesday a couple of us college students went over to Pastor Sweitzer's church for his missions conference. Mr. Oliver Broc was preaching and we said that we would try to come over to hear him, not to mention we all love Pastor Sweitzer. Mike Leemon to Thailand was there with his family so we saw his slides and The Hollands, missionaries to the Arctic, sang special music. Mrs. Holland is Dr. Forney's daughter, so it was neat to talk to her and see how much she is like Dr. Forney. So we enjoyed going there Thursday.
Friday was a great day, well if you don't consider the morning. I was having one of those mornings where it just seemed like I couldn't get anything from my devotions and I felt like God wasn't hearing me. You know, when you know He is there but you can't seem to find Him. I was to the point where I was miserable and really wasn't feeling like going to Shady Maple, but I did anyway and I am glad that I did. We left for Shady Maple Smorgasboard around 11 to have our Spring Banquet there. We ate lots of food and then we were aloud to walk around their HUGE gift shop and Good's Store for 1 and 1/2 hours. We had a great time of fellowship and food, then we rode the hour and a half back to the college and had about forty-five minutes until social parlor. Sandy and I went down to the field for a half and hour and then we went to social parlor. During Social Parlor Sandy and I played Shane and Mikey in ping-pong. The thing is, neither Sandy or I knew the actual rules, but we played anyway. But the guys won; secretly, we let them win. Saturday we stayed at school and worked on school and just hung out. Sunday was a wonderful day. This week the college students were in charge of running Junior Church ourselves, so we really enjoyed doing that and the Lord also blessed and we had 36 children in Junior Church. We usually average 20-25 kids, it was great and we had a couple of children say that they were interested in salvation. So Junior Church was wonderful and then Nursing Home was good too. It was a wonderful weekend and this week has been great so far. Well I'm going to go now I need to work on some schoolwork. I'll try to post on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!