
Well, I haven't been able to post all week, It has been one crazy time. We came back and I jumped into college right away with both feet. On my way back to college I received a call from Rachel Claytor asking me if I would be willing to do special music in church... That night. So I said yes, what a way to start back after break! Maggie and I ended up singing a duet called Then Jesus Came. After Sunday there was no more time for resting. Module started Monday afternoon and has continued all week. The module with Dr. Forney is Cultural Anthropology. We are learning how important it is for us to know and understand the people that God calls us to minister to. There are ten of us in the class and yesterday we had to give oral reports on how understanding a certain aspect of a foreign culture will help me be a better missionary. On Tuesday Dr. Forney was telling us that in our independent fundamental circles only about 50% of missionaries stay on the field. But sad to say here are some statistics about missionaries, not just independent fundamental baptist missionaries. Out of the 50 people that God calls to the field only 12 respond. Out of the 12 that respond only 4 will prepare. Out of the 4 that prepare only 1 will go to the field.
Those are very sad numbers. He continued to tell us that there is a country that in the last 2 years has lost 13 independent fundamental baptist missionaries. That country is Romania. It made me want to cry. Out of the whole world the area of Romania, Ukraine, Estonia, and Moldova, are the countries that I would love to go to the most. It made me want to drop everything that I was doing and go right then; those people are so hungry for the truth and yet no one will go. It is a very sobering thought.
The Lord has been good to give grace to get through this module, the final is today. And then yesterday morning I called the place where I was working and I told her that I would be able to work this morning until lunch but I had to leave because of class. She told me that she needed someone that could work by her time and not have to deal with someone that has Spring break and classes and leaving for the summer so she told me that she hired someone else. I felt really crushed, I had only worked 2 days and then the next week I was extremely sick with the flu and then we left for break, but I just was so worn down from module and I really didn't want to handle another thing. So yesterday was really rough in the morning, but God continued to give grace and I began to think of the blessings that would come out of this. He is so good to us. Anna G. gave me my paycheck that Annie had sent with her over spring break and the amount of money in that paycheck was the amount I needed to pay my bill. The Lord know and he provided and he always will. I Love Him! I was hired to replace Anna G. so I guess at the beginning I was only a replacement until she could hire someone else, but the Lord knew. I called my parents and they told me that the Lord and He was going to take care of it. I'm so thankful I have Christian parents that love the Lord and that love is shared through their love to me. Well I need to go and read some homework. I will try and post again soon. Until next time, Rest in His Faithfulness!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!