Sunday, July 13, 2008

Good Weekend

I am going to try to post but I kinda have a headache and my fingers are not doing what I want them to do. On Friday I did go to the dentist and all is well for now, Lord willing it will be o.k. until at least I get back to the States. Afterward, the girls had a birthday party and Josiah went over to his friends, so Dad, Mom, and I went out to eat. We were going to go to some Bar-B-Q place but the they didn't accept the certificate that we had, so we went to a pizza joint and got a ham and bacon pizza(The best ever!) After we gorged ourself we went over to Wal-mart and a couple other places then we went to our friends the Shrivers(where Si was). We stayed there until they went and picked up the girls and then we stayed and talked some more, needless to say we didn't get home until 12:30.
Saturday we had a good day on visitation, passing out VBS fliers. Then we met to get ready to go on the activity but we only had 4 singles. We still went and had a good time, one of the guys was climbing the rock and got up really high, then couldn't find a way down, then he disturbed a nest of Yellow jackets. He was stung a couple of times but he did get down safely.
I also found out who I am in Vacation Bible School, my name is "Anna Oakley". I told Marcia (the assistant pastor's wife) that I was going to go home and research who she really was (Annie Oakley). So I did, I found out that I really like her. She was a 5 foot tall, pettite woman who was very ladylike and feminine, yet she could outshoot any man. She was so afraid of being known as a "loose" woman that she made her own clothing, making sure it covered her modestly. She could outshoot any man, she could even shoot backwards with a mirror. She was a pretty neat lady and she had curly hair to boot!
Anyway I need to go we have to get up bright and early and leave for Bible School. Afterward we are going down to Grandma Davis' to visit her. Then, Thursday after VBS Samantha and I are going down to school to visit. It's going to be a busy week, so I'm going to go and get ready for bed.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like things are going well. I am glad to hear the Lord answered prayer concerning the passport!!!! He is good isnt He?!!!! Ok I am still praying for you momma!! love you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!