Sunday, July 13, 2008

May This Be the Prayer of My Life



I was looking in my Bible today and in the front of the one I use for church I found a quote I had written in there. It's a quote from Betty Scott Stam, missionary with her husband to China, who both were martyrs for Christ. This was the prayer of hers:
"Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept Thy will for my life. I give myself, my life, my all utterly to Thee to be Thine forever. Fill me and seal me with Thy Holy Spirit. Use me as Thou wilt,send me where Thou wilt, work out Thy whole will in my life at any cost, now and forever."
This ought to be the prayer of every Christian, but what a high calling! To tell the Lord that you want to serve Him no matter what; this could mean anything, the Lord could take my life on my flight to Germany but if that is what He wants then I'll do it. I want this to be my prayer for the rest of my life, I want the Lord to use me, I never want to get to the point where I don't want to serve Him anymore. With the Lord's help we can live for Him the rest of our lives and that is what I want. May we serve Him, no matter what.

2 comments:

  1. Truly, that's my desire too. How hard it is to keep that a constant though, to always have that mind. I'm so glad God's work in your life Anna Banana. I love you and it's so good to hear how God's working. (P.S. your blog looks FABULOUS! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look to your blog! I might try one of those backgrounds again, sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!