
I am posting again and I have a ton of new thoughts to post. But one of the hugest blessings I had this week was from the friends the Lord has given me. I was thinking of all the wonderful friends I have both from church and school and other places.
I got to spend last Thursday with my friend Samantha, who is a huge blessing and going through a lot of the same things as I. She is going away to teach like I am, leaving home and family to go to a place you do not know(she's going to West Virginia). Then the same night Seth and Brenda showed up for church where we were down at school. So I got to see Brenda and then she told me that she was coming to my church on Sunday.
Sunday Morning Brenda came up and gave me a card and said, "Don't open it in here, it has music." So I took it home and open it, it started singing "You've Got a Friend in me" and she wrote in it reminding me of some memories we've had. So I wrote her a card back, (even though mine didn't sing) and told her how much I loved her and I reminded her of some good times we've had since our freshman year. Good Times, Good Times! =) But it was good to see her and spend some time with her.
And I can't forget to mention Seth, he's there every church service asking me how things are going for me and asks what the latest news on Germany is. He's a faithful friend and I've known him a good while. Yeah, I'm afraid he knows me real well, maybe a little too well! ;) Nah, he's just seen me with my family in many interesting situations.
Sunday night I was also given a letter from my best friend Ruth. I had given her a card Friday at VBS just telling her how much I appreciate her and our friendship. The Lord definately planned for us to be friends. We can just be together, not doing anything, and still have the greatest time. We really got to talk on July 5th while watching fireworks and I just wrote some things for her to expect when she goes to college(This is going to be her first year). She wrote back just telling me that she was so glad that I wrote her that letter. But that isn't the point. I don't get to see her very often, because she works at her Dad's camp during the week, but anytime we get to spend together, just her and I is wonderful! Our friendship is kinda like being sisters, I guess minus the fighting. ;) But neither of us worry how to act around each other, we just act ourselves and we accept each other despite of it. She is a friend like the picture says, one that reminds me of what God has done in my life and what He is continuing to do.
Because of these friends, not leaving out any of you others, I am so thankful for everyone of you. But God reminded me the other day of how blessed I am to have godly, encouraging, believers of like faith who are my friends. So I am so thankful for each one of you and I can say like David:
"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!"
Psalm 133:1
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!