This weekend was great, there was some refining fire that went on last night. Some struggles that the Lord was helping my deal with. And His Word is so comforting in times of trouble. The Lord comforted and I knew all things were going to be o.k. After a good nights sleep Lizzy said, "today is going to be a great day!" And she was right.
I went out to breakfast and the guys asked where my Jeep was, I though they were just pulling a prank on me like they do. And then I looked outside and realized it wasn't there. The suspicion that they were still fooling me was smashed when Joel started asking me serious questions about when the last time was I saw it. It hit me then: Someone had stolen my Jeep. My Jeep with all it's memories, with all my bulletin board stuff in it, my Mp3 player, my sunglasses from my trip to Leam's wedding. And I just lost it after I called my parents and told them that someone stole it. The crying spell didn't last long, it was more a prayer from my heart, telling the Lord that the refining fire was hot and painful and I didn't know if I could bear it, but that He'd have to get me through. The verse that kept coming back to me was "yet I will rejoice in the God of my salvation" (Habakkuk 3:18).
I called the police department and reported it and they gave me a case number. Greer, Lizzy, and I realized that we forgot to check the doors last night and right before I fell asleep I remembered and Lizzy went out to check and both locks were undone. So she bolted them and we slept. Praise the Lord He kept us safe! He takes care of His own.
Through it all we are able to laugh, and still have joy. I know my God is in control, He knows exactly why I am going through this. And like I said the fire is hot and painful but I know in the end I'll be better than I was. And I know there are people all over praying for me, what a comfort as a Christian! Please continue to pray that my Jeep is found but if not that His will would be done.
"As for my God, his way is perfect:
the word of the Lord is tried:
he is a buckler to all those that trust in him."
Ps. 18:30
the word of the Lord is tried:
he is a buckler to all those that trust in him."
Ps. 18:30
It is good to know that He is on our side and not against us. . . that the purpose of the refining fire is to change us into His image. I am praying for you, Twin! Jeep Motha!!!!!! You can still be my momma but I can't be your sista I must have to be your daughta if you my momma! hehehe. . . good times. BOB!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow Davis! That is sad and kinda funny at the same time. I will be praying the Lord brings your jeep back. Our family had a truck stolen once. We did get it back thankfully. Praying for you...
ReplyDeleteprayin' for ya anna!!! just to let ya know..we have a verse quiz in spanish 2marr. lol!
ReplyDeletehey just thought I say if ya eva need a car when Greer is not around just ask!
ReplyDelete