Thursday, March 4, 2010

Recent Happenings


I can't post long, I just know I haven't posted in a while. Classes are going well, just getting busy with Mid-terms starting next week. I have a cold that I am trying to get rid of. And I must confess I am hopelessly looking forward to Springtime. So much so that the other day I wrote a poem about spring. I will try to post again soon, but for now I will end with my poem.

My Favorite Place

If you could see my favorite place,
You’d find me under the willow tree.
I would be wrapped among my dreams,
Sitting on the softest grass you’ve seen.

The warm wind would gently rustle,
The boughs of the willow until they whisper.
A mourning dove perched above my head,
Gives out his sad cry, calling for his mate.

Every so often the breeze would bring,
A waft of spring’s gentle perfume.
The sweet smell of lilac abloom,
Floating softly unto my hidden “room”.

Enwreathed about by feathery willow leaves,
I sit with the Living Word set before me.
Feeling enraptured and o’erwhelmed by His presence,
My dreams tumbled out in succession.

Sometimes tears fill my eyes with emotions,
Amazed by what God’s allowed me to see.
Hearing the call of nature’s great symphony,
Causing life to seem so enjoyable to me.

As the grass gently cushions my feet,
And the willow softly brushes my face.
I slowly sit back and smile,
Thanking God for my secret place.

Anna M. Davis
© February 25, 2010

1 comment:

  1. I like your poem! It expresses all my longing for spring! Why does March have to come before April?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!