Monday, March 8, 2010

Springtime Ramblings


Here I am sitting in the sunshine before and open window. Yes, literally an open window! Can you imagine! Spring is slowly coming and I am reveling in the fact of what spring temperatures and bird’s songs can to for my creativity. The past few days I feel like I could just sit down and write, or draw or do something crafty. But mostly I’m excited by the warmer temperatures knowing I will soon be spending more time outside. I wish we could plant flower gardens here at school, but maybe I will help Gram and Mrs. Criddle. I must confess that I had to go get a sweater, I was in short sleeves. I keep hoping and dreaming that it is warm enough, yet it’s still a bit cool. I can still dream of perfect weather, warm enough for short sleeves and no shoes, yet cool enough for a ligh jacket at night. The large snow pile outside our dorm is slowly shrinking everyday. For some strange reason I find joy in seeing the tiny rivers of water stream down the parking lot. If you were to ask what my favorite season was right now it would be spring, but if it were spring I would probably say summer, and if it were summer I would say fall, and you though you were going to read that if it were fall I would say winter. But I fooled you! No, I do like winter for it’s festivities and beautiful landscapes covered in snow, but I must confess I inherited my Mom’s poor circulation so I have a hard time staying warm in the winter. So I like winter if I am inside with Hot chocolate or Chai looking outside. I think at this point you all sit here saying, “This is loony!” I guess I should get onto what is going on in my life.
This week flew past with classes and homework I took a Soteriolgy test Monday and a Baptist History test on Friday. My Mid-terms begin next week and run into the following week. Friday afternoon Lizzie and I walked to Mrs. Criddle’s and I did her ironing and Lizzie cleaned out her fridge. Later that night the academy had a basketball and volleyball game so I went down there to have some fun. I found it. Saturday was busy, after sitting in the bookstore in the morning I was working on some homework when Mrs. Criddle called and asked me to help her with the college food receipts. So I walked over there and spent about an hour with her. In case anyone is wondering, Mrs. Criddle is our head cook. She is blind in one eye and now her good eye is giving her some trouble. At the time being she can’t see anything, so we have been trying to help her.
After helping her I came down and worked on some homework until Mr. Becker’s birthday party started. Lizzie and I stayed for the gym night until 8:30 when Gram came to take us to her house for a little. We watched a new Hallmark movie and came home and went to bed.
And Sunday(today- I’m writing this on my computer) I have all afternoon free. We normally go to nursing home but they are locked down right now because there is some virus going around in there. That is the true reason why I have taken time to ramble on about my present life experiences. I think I am done now. Yup. The creative juices are running out. I’ll try again next week ;)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS WEATHER!!! and i'm glad u had fun friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me miss college life. All that sounds so nice.

    we have been getting a little bit of that warmth up here, too. I have been out walking in it and love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you guys on the first nice day this week! I was stir crazy after school and had no one to go roaming with me like we would have at college - we would have at least walked around the crazy-big parking lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!