Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sweet Sucess

So Yesterday I consumed too much sugar,

way too much sugar.


(So this isn't mine, I wish it was, I just googled it)


I was on a mission.

I wanted to send some sweet confections to a friend at Bible college.

She's so much fun to be with and I miss her.

I decided to send her some Valentine's Day cookies.


I was orginally going to make chocolate chip, but then I decided

"I want something different,

something perfect for Valentine's Day."


So I decided on heart shaped sugar cookies.

Of course,

they had to have pink icing sandwiched between them


So for 3 hours I worked on cookies.

I didn't take time to take pictures so maybe I will when I go home.

So I googled again and this is the closest to what I made.

But mine wasn't chocolate, though it looks delicious.

Same idea though.




So, after eating lunch and having 1/2 a Dr. Pepper with my fajita.

I tested the cookies after the first batch came out of the oven.

It was a new recipe. ;)


Then I had to taste the icing,

because every good baker or cook tests the food as they make it.

My Dad always says that.

It wasn't quite right at first,

so I doctored it,

and tasted again.

I think I ate something sugary again later.


Oh, yeah, my leftover smore's poptart from breakfast.


I hope the package brings her a smile and let's her know,

we haven't forgotten her.

We threw some dark chocolate kisses in there also-

It's Valentine's Day!


P.s. I decided I shouldn't consume so much sugar today, it made we drink water like crazy.


2 comments:

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!