Monday, September 24, 2012

The Changing of the Seasons

How we are enjoying the changing of the seasons! Finally the stiffling humidity is gone once again and the crisp mornings of autumn have come. The leaving changing, the need for warmer clothing in the evenings. I just love it, although I don't think I can pick a favorite season. I like them all for the simple things of each one.
 And the seasons of life God brings us through are just as simple, though absolutely beautiful. We may be coming to a different season in our lives and would appreciate much prayer for wisdom from above on our behalf. God will lead and guide as He has faithfully done in the past. I'm so grateful we serve a faithful God, despite how unfaithful we are sometimes.
The past week and this one have been busy ones but ones filled with many memories.

A Wednesday afternoon spent with a sister-in-love (law), we thrift shopped and spent the afternoon wandering around looking at animals, produce, plants, and crafts at a small Hometown-y fair. Finishing the day with the famous milk shakes. A great time of fellowship that won't be forgotten.

A Saturday spent with my favorite man. It was a long day trip the the archery festival, that was our destination, but being with my love was my plan. I don't really know much about archery, except that it is close to my husbands heart and he enjoys shooting. So we went and then we stopped in a small town called Picture Rocks. We walked the whole town to look at all the yard sales. It took an hour to browse.
My Man got something for his bow and arrows, I didn't get enything,
 but I have those memories forever.

I'm just basking in the life that God has given me, thankful for where we are but even more so for where He will take us, God willing- closer and closer to Him, and more and more like Him.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing really well. Will I get to see you in January for Anna Greer's wedding?? I do hope so. :) Dont ever take for granite the time you get with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your posts. I don't write much, but I do get to read every now and then and it shares a piece of you. I will keep praying for your seasons and God guidance in and through them.
    By the way, Picture Rocks is one of my favorite little small towns. Never been yardsaling there, though. We drive through there on our way to and from the cabin in the mountains. I always loved how it was situated between the mountain. I am sure it is beauticul this time of year. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I am waiting patiently for your next post! Hope you have a great day.
    P.S. It's snowing! Come visit me so we can play in it together :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!