Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sorry for the Lack of Pictures

 I know I should have other things to post. We've been doing things, I just haven't been taking pictures. This is partially due to a lack of batteries that stay charge long enough to use my camera more than two times. My camera and I have a love hate relationship.
This past weekend was one of the highlights of our year, Steam-O-Rama weekend. What is that? Well for most folks it's just a hick gathering with a lot of tractors and bearded men(my husband likes to point out, he keeps joking with me about No Shave November, I just threaten him with the same idea for women)
Back to our weekend... We went Friday night to watch the tractor pulls, in the freezing cold, while we ate warm roasted peanuts. I saw two of my Jr. Church students who had to come up and talk to Miss Anna. Then Saturday we went back over to browse the flea market stuff. I bought some things. I did buy some handmade soap to grate and make my own liquid handsoap. It smells like Honeysuckle. It'll be like a burst of spring every time you wash your hands. Then in the afternoon, there were horse pulls. And there was a a team of horses that pulled 8,300 lbs. They had to bring a tractor over for his weights because they ran out. So needless to say it was a fun weekend and when we went home I made my husband a guinea pig and tried a new recipe, a chicken enchilada casserole. (It's gluten free Sandz)
So that's what we've done. But now we are running out of time at the library and much depart. I reading a most delightful book by Louisa M Alcott, An Old Fashioned Girls. Read it if you can get your hands on it.
I leave you with these two pictures:


 My monkey in the bookshelf



And my husbands bow project he's been working on the basement, despite the low roof.


1 comment:

  1. your comment on my blog made me smile :-)
    p.s.I love the smell of honeysuckles<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!