Hi There! I thought I’d do something different today. I felt like I haven’t posted much about what’s going on here, just some random pictures here and there. So come on in to my living room, we’ll have a little chat and I’ll fill you in on what we’ve been doing.
The water in the tea kettle is hot. and there’s always plenty of chai in my house. Oh! you drink coffee? I have a cup leftover from this morning, I could heat it up for you.
Unbearably cold weather we’ve been having isn’t it? Can you believe it was 25 degrees this morning? And all that heavy frost! Can you bring your drink in the living room? Oh, of course! Have a seat here near the fireplace, my husband was so good to start it before I got up. Don’t you just love the crackling noise? It’s so calming to me, and I love the smell too. I’m so glad we were able to cut some wood last week before this cold spell came. It brought back memories of cutting wood as a teenager, stacking it, and bringing loads of it in the house on the “Oregon Trail wagon”. Sorry to my pioneer siblings for the wagon wreck we had. At least no supplies were lost.
Now what was I saying?The other day on my way home from being out with some of my friends it was snowing enough to push the slushy stuff to the side of the windshield. I was glad to get home and heat up that Vegetable Beef soup for supper.Oh, speaking of soup, last night we had ham bean soup. Yeah the kind with the white navy beans. It was great, even though I had to eat alone, because Working Man had to work late because of a deadline. He was pulling in the driveway as I was rushing out to get to church. Poor thing was half frozen. We had a special speaker last night, he was really good. His voice and preaching style reminded me a lot of David Gibbs. He seems nice and jolly like him too.
Do you want a sugar cookie with your coffee? I made them the other day. I haven’t made the soft, buttermilk kind for a while and my sister reminded me of them lately. I feel like I keep making the same kind of cookie all the time, but Cookie Monster gets
I just finished this quilt for my sister and her husband. It was a little late wedding present. I thought it turned out well. I made it as a lap quilt for the back of the couch. But if you use it point to point it’s long enough for us short people to cover up with when we lay down.
It’s called the barn raising pattern, because of the way the lights and darks make rings. I kept thinking of all these other craft projects I wanted to start but told myself I wasn’t allowed until I finished this quilt for her. I’m glad it’s done, but it was fun to work on.
And now I’m going to be working on another quilt with some other ladies. I was cutting out some of the pieces yesterday. Sorry about that pile of fabric near your chair. It’s an old bed sheet my mom gave me. I’ve been tearing it into strips to crochet into a rug. Working with all this fabric has made my hands rough and dry. I guess I could be the cooler temperatures also. Speaking of cooler, I think I better put another log on the fire. I found some scrapbook paper on sale 6 sheets for a dollar the other day, so I got a dozen because I know I need to get busy making Christmas card. Actually I think I need to dig in my Christmas boxes, I think I might have grabbed cards on clearance last year. Hmm… I’ll do that later.
How’s my family? I’m excited. My Parents, brother and sister are coming down for Thanksgiving and Working Man’s dad is riding along. They’ll be here for a couple days. I just wish the newlyweds and my husbands sister could come too. We’re trying to figure out how we want to bed everyone down. It’ll all come together. Pie making is on the agenda for Wednesday of that week, and if we give the menfolk something to do we can put some Christmas music on. I’ve been playing Christmas carols on my piano lately. I really got it the mood when we were transcribing the Christmas program,but there is too much going on so we put the program off for this year. At least it’s all ready to be printed and handed out next year.
Oh My! Would you look at the time! I’m afraid I’d better put on my apron and get busy making supper. The changing seasons have me all messed up. I can’t say I enjoy the sun going down around 5 o’clock. As soon as it goes, the house is noticeably cooler. I’m so glad you stopped by to visit. Glad you enjoyed the coffee and cookies too. Here, I’ll grab your coat off my bed.
Sounds like I’m too busy? Oh stuff and nonsense! There’s days I can’t figure out what to do or feel like I’m going crazy unless I get out of the house. Lonesomeness is a pretty discouraging things, and boredom seems to be it’s faithful companion.
Well, don’t make yourself a stranger, you’re welcome to stop in anytime. The tea kettle’s most always on for something hot to drink and there’s always cookies. Ok, I’ll see you soon. Bye!
Reminds me of Anne of Green Gables the way you wrote this. Someone come calling and you invite them to tea!
ReplyDeleteHey girl! I would love to plan a visit to come see you for the day. I loved your post and sure reminded me of the days of my 1st year being married. :) now my life is crazy busy and I wish for moments of boredom... But I guess that's the way it is, we always wish for the opposite of what we have.
ReplyDeleteOh, that's right, you're that "chai person!" LOL
ReplyDeleteA warm, crackling fire, and cup of coffee or tea (even chai =)), and sugar cookies shared with good friends sound very cozy and comforting. It's a shame that many people in this busy, techy age don't just "stop by" much anymore! Or maybe we just live too close to the city...
Love the post!