“ The home is the original society in which each
person is placed by God at birth. It is for better or worse,
the place where people are shaped-
their intellect, their values, their character, their aspirations.
All that a person later becomes depends
upon the factors that forged him in his youth,
and the home is the primary shaper of young human beings.”
~Philip Lancaster~
Working Man and I have been talking a lot about the degradation of the home and the fall of our society. I just finished a book about men stepping up the plate again and being the leader of the home. We’ve also been listening to some interesting radio programs online dealing with current events and entertainment and how they are affecting Christian homes.
It makes me realize how thankful I am to been raised in a godly home, one of the better ones as the quote says. It forged me into who I am today, by the grace of God. And it also makes me realize the war that is raging against Christian home. Satan is trying to infiltrate the home through so many media outlets and Christians are letting him in.
Oh that we would put up stronger boundaries, higher hedges, and get back to being the guard at the gates of our homes.
Amen!
ReplyDeleteYou are exactly on target! Prayer is our defense!
ReplyDeleteAmen and Amen!! I am so glad that though our world can be upside down, our church can be having trials, my family has not changed. It's amazing how that security and peace at home can govern one's whole outlook on other circumstances!
ReplyDelete