I thought I’d give an update on what I’ve been up to.
The mornings have been crazy here. You have to remind yourself that it is still August. Two mornings ago we woke up to a temperature outside of 58degrees! This is North Carolina. I’m not complaining. I’m just wondering if I need to get my fall clothes out early.
I stepped out the other morning to catch some dew- thankfully not frost yet!- on the miniature rose plant I have.
I think there is such simple joy and beauty in drops of dew. The way the morning light makes everything shimmer.
I snapped a few picture from jelly making last week too.
I tried something different,
Making jelly without pectin, just peaches, sugar, and water.
You do have to cook it down a while to thicken it, but then you jar and water bath it. I could fit 7 jelly jars in my pot so it was nice that it made 8. Seven to go in the pot and one to eat right away on hot biscuits slathered in butter.
WARNING!
If you try this method, the smell will drive you bonkers, and make you automatically gather the items to make fresh biscuits.
And it tastes oh, so good!
I also experimented with hot spiced peaches. I had made these from a recipe on the stove, so I made the syrup and poured over my peaches and canned. I had some syrup left over with a few peaches, so I ate them. They were good, without the peaches being cooked.
And this has been my house the past three days.
Tired of seeing all the bags of partial products in the closet I was on a sewing frenzy. I made a new swimming skirt, yeah because I swim all the time. HAH! I wish, but alas I have no place to swim.
And I made another skirt out of the jersey sheets I bought to make skirts out of.
And I was working on this:
Does it look familiar? I think I took a picture of it when I was cutting out the pieces some (gulp) months ago. I decided that was it. I was piecing it together.
My sister says I quilt all the time. I don’t really, but I would like to. Well, It’s a toss up right now of crafting or reading the book I started, Valley of Dreams, but Loraine Snelling.
I’m making some small yo-yo’s reminiscent of the baby quilt with yo-yo’s we helped make in Wyoming, oh my, THREE years ago.
Where in the world does time go?!
Anyway I’m hoping to finish tying it off this weekend and binding it. Then moving on to my quilt squares, since I ironed ALL the petals finally. Well, I better go…
I’m off to quilt.
The second and fourth jelly pickstures should be either on the front of a Southern Living cookbook magazine, in a calendar, OR IN THE ART GALLERY AT THE STATE FAIR. Beautimous.
ReplyDeletehaha "I'm off to quilt"...surprise, surprise
ReplyDelete