Thursday, October 9, 2014

Day 8 {Music that Moves Me}

Music.

What a tremendously large part of my life.

Music has been so engrained in my being,

from the time I was young.

Singing,

Music lessons,

cassette tapes,

then cds.

Though I could have done a better job

of being a better violinist as a student,

I am so grateful for the chance to learn,

even if I didn’t want to learn violin.

Dad was right, if I learned violin I could play anything.

Singing with cds. Family.

Oh how many trips and how many songs we sang.

Songs forever embedded in my memory.

My husband is amazed at how many songs I know by heart.

And there truly is a song for everything.

So many songs…

Music.

As for what “moves” me, if that’s speaking of motivation,

than faster paced music makes me want to accomplish more:

Steve Pettit music,

Taking a Break,

ect…

But if I want to be contemplative,

then a soundtrack

Tales from Avonlea

Anne of Green Gables,

or cds like

Tuscany,

Comfort,

American Portraits.

And if I need a spiritual boost:

Stouffer Men,

Resting Place,

Dalrymple strings or Eden Strings

Glenn Stevenson,

or some other of the many cds I have.

Music truly does affect me, every part of my being.

I’m always on the lookout for other good conservative music.

And watch out! Christmas is coming.

Break out the Bingster!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Bingster! The voice of Christmas!!! So ready for that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!