Thursday, November 20, 2014

Finding Joy ~ Choosing Gratitude

IMG_3137
I’ve recently posted about the devotional book I read by Nancy Leigh DeMoss: Choosing Grattitude {Your Journey to Joy}.
I read the majority of the book but there was a 30 day devotional in the back that I decided to do after I let my friend borrow the book.
She read it and really enjoyed( if you can call conviction enjoyable!) it also. So since I had the book again I decided to do the devotional this month.
IMG_3138
Everyday is a different section of grattitude, a passage to read, something to put in practice, basically a short one page devotional.
It’s really good, but something else that she says to do everyday that you journal your devotional topic is to list five things you’re thankful for. By the end of the month you’ll have 150 things you’re thankful for.
IMG_3139
I did something like this a couple years ago. I thought I would share some of the things I listed this time…
Calculation of God in Creation
Warm Chai
New mattress coming
the Holy Spirit
Warm water for washing
Tick of clocks
Quilting laughter
Furnace running
Sunlight beams on bathroom floor
Brooms to sweep floors
Apple candles
Capturing moments on “film”
Surprise parties for others.
Pen  on paper
Christmas Tree Cakes
A Satiated Soul (Jer. 31)
God’s love and Provision to Ruth and Naomi
Phone calls with sisters
Perfect Granola bars
Uplifted heat because of gratefulness
Nate Saints Legacy
Cold Morning-Hot Chocolate
The absence of technology as a child
Logical thinking
Snow flurries
Soup and fresh bread
Pages Turning
Sweaters
Brass instruments
Smiles
Visitors coming
IMG_3141
And this isn’t even all of them. I know that for me it’s good to purposefully acknowledge things I’m thankful for. Because if not I tend to dwell on the things I don’t have or want through complaining.
Check out my other blog for the one day’s devotional:
 
{All these pictures are from my Autumn decorated mantle,
After I finally made a new chalk drawing. For a close up of the drawing go to the other blog}

1 comment:

  1. ...And homemade Cheez-its and (Erin's) husband-fetchin' banana pudding...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!