Recently I started a study in my devotions on some Christian character traits with evidence from the Bible. The first one I am working on is Godliness. So for this study I wrote down all the passages that have the word godliness or some form of it (godly). Then the days that I do the study I do one passage at a time, there may be more than one verse in the context that uses the word godliness so they get done together. It has been a real blessing to me. The first day was especially a great day, it kind of set the goal of godliness in the believer's life.
I Tim. 2:2-3
"For kings, and for all that are in authority;
that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life
in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior."
I don't know about you but I want to live a life that is acceptable to the Lord. And as I began to study this passage (technically vs.1-3) the Lord pointed some great things out to me. I'll just write here what I wrote in my notes on the study. I hope they are as much a blessing to you as they were to me. This passage speaks of a life that's good and acceptable to the Lord. Good here means beautiful, valuable. I want my life to be beautiful and valuable to the Lord. Doesn't everyone want a beautiful life? This life is a quiet, peaceable, godly, honest life. And this life should be our goal.
One way it is obtained found in verses 1-2, these Essential elements of Prayer:
1. Supplications - to make request, to beg
2. Prayers - worship, to earnestly pray with a wish
3. Intercessions - an interview, to confer withh or entreat
4. Giving of Thanks- gratitude,actively grateful, to bring well-favor on
...be made for all men, including those leaders with authority in our life. These four elements of prayer I believe lead to a godly life of peace and quiet. A beautiful life.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!