I meant to give a tour of our decorated house before Christmas but it was WAY too busy for me to do it. So here you go…
This was the tree lot where we got out tree.
It was a first for me, I never bought a tree at a tree lot but I always thought they look neat all lit up.
<----{Baking}---->
I made a new recipe for gingerbread cookies, rather than the cut out kind I made this kind and then dipped them in White chocolate. Super Success! Forget gingerbread men!
And what better than iced coffee with cookies?
Ok…maybe just milk.
I made a Candy cane roll this year instead of making each into candy canes for sake of time.
I didn’t decorate much in the Kitchen…but here’s the microwave.
----> {Chalk Drawings}<----
One for my friend,
One for me,
and one for my Mom (I forgot to take a picture of that).
----> {The Living Room)<----
I really went for a plaid theme this year,
lots of reds and greenery.
I used the vintage ornaments I found at the thrift store.
A whole big jar of them for fifty cents.
This was one of my new creations. I made a crate from pallets for jars on my table. Sorry this was on the kitchen table.
This isn’t our house but the big house on the property where we live. It was so neat coming home at night to the lights lit up across the pond.
I took some bokeh pictures of the tree this year with the tripod. It’s where you blur the lights using the manual mode.
More of the Living room… plaid runners and ribbon for the tree.
And I put the manger scene under the tree this year.
----> {Bathroom}<----
I picked up this tree for $2at the thrift store too. The ribbon was $.50 and I made some small yoyo’s for ornaments.
My gingerbread from Tonya.
OH! And last night I chalked this on the new chalkboard my sister made for me for Christmas. I put it in our room.
It’s good to be home, even thought I was so much fun to be all together with family for Christmas. Lots of food and lots of eating!
Everything looks so nice! Lawrence has done the same thing with pallets before, but instead we put flowers in them for outside. I really like all the chalk boards around the house. -Olivia :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you were a woodworker too. This stuff made out of pallets and crates is really starting to come in to style.
ReplyDelete