As I sit here staring at the computer screen, with a tall glass of iced chai and a plateful of strawberry cake from my landlady, I can’t believe the last time I posted was May 1st. Time sure gets away.
(Sorry these were before we did the
floor)
Since I last posted we have finished painting the church kitchen, and finished laying the floor. That’s a story in itself. We wanted to do something cheap in case it didn’t work because of the shape of the previous flooring. We thought about painting the concrete to look like wood flooring but that take a lot of time and a special tool you drag through the paint, so we(Hannah and I) kept researching and found how to use brown paper bags and stain to make a brownstone look. After many sore muscles and lots of giggles from the odious smells, the flooring is down and the kitchen is being put back together tomorrow night.
Since I last posted I finished hand binding my quilt and it now has taken its place on my bed. Since that project is finished and the crocheted blanket for my sister is no longer looming over my head I feel a freedom. Freedom to work on other projects…and I have been…more quilting projects and embroidery, and a gift for my special friend.
Since I last posted I have been researching, studying, and brainstorming for my blog updates. I know I keep talking about it, it just seems I don’t ever have the time to sit and compile my thoughts, it’s more like jot a thing here or there. But I promise it is getting close. It may actually happen by the time I post this post.
It’s been hot and humid these past few days.I burnt to a crisp the other day when we visited the Fairgrounds for the “Got to be NC” festival. But after about a zillion layers of Aloe Vera slathered on it, it’s better now. Last week I also picked about twelve pounds of strawberries, and yesterday I finally finished putting them up. I made seven jars of jam, over a quart jar of puree, multiple bags of whole berries and lots of berries eaten in the process. Oh! And I made a batch of home made strawberry lime electrolyte drink for Working Man’s lunch. This Friday is our homeschool graduation at church and I’ll be taking pictures for the ceremony, so more research will be going on in the next couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!