Friday, May 20, 2016

My Top Five Favorite Apps

I thought it would be a fun to write a post on some of my favorite and well-used apps. These are besides Pinterest, email, and the Weather Channel apps. I don't have many apps downloaded to my phone, and the ones I have dowloaded are pretty much useful apps(yes Erin, I deleted Rayman:). I thought I would share what I'm loving right now.


1. Checkout 51
This is my favorite grocery shopping/couponing app. I have tried ibotta and kickback or whatever that one is. And I just recently downloaded Reciept hog but I'm not super impressed yet.
As for Checkout 51, I check it every Monday morning as I am planning my grocery list and see what items I can get cash back for. The way it works is they have a list of items that you can cash on, kinda like a coupon, but with less hassle I think. You upload a reciept after you shop if you bought any of the items and your cash builds up. You must have at least $20 worth to cash out. I have cashed out once, they send you a real, live check in the mail! Money for grocery shopping, thank you!
I love that there is always a $.25 "coupon" for some sort of produce, because I'm always buying some fresh fruit or vegetable. Some weeks there are things I don't buy anything on the list, partially because I don't buy a lot of prepackaged items. But sometimes they even have organic or gluten free items on the list. I really love this app and it's really easy to use.

2. Pandora
Obviously most people know what Pandora is. It's our lifesaver when we make a road trip because our cd player is broken and Working Man can only handle a certain amount of adventures in Odessy cassettes. It's also great to turn on when I am sewing, so I don't have to get up and keep changing cds.

Some of my favorite stations right now are:
Collection:the Appalachians
English traditional radio
Jay Ungar and Molly Mason radio
Bing Crosby radio
Yo-Yo Ma radio
Pride and Prejudice radio

I will say though I have looked for a sacred station on here but haven't been successful as of yet. If you know of one, leave a comment!

3. Rain Sounds (just type in rain sounds on your phone's store)
I just recently found this app and LOVE it! I love the sound of rain and thunder and this has 12 different rain sounds that you can adjust, like how much thunder, birds chirping, or frogs croaking you want. Some choices are Rainy evening(fire crackling), Thunderstorm, Rain on Leaves(this reminds me of living in the woods with our bedroom window open), and Evening Lake.

I'll make a confession here. The reason I was looking for a rain app was because when I read my Bible in the Morning my Father-in-law is reading his too except he reads his outloud, except quitely. Aka it's like a rumbling sound. You know how when your car thumps when you are next to someone with the bass up? Yeah that's kinda like how it is. I love him, I just can't handle rumbling when I'm trying to read the Word. So- Rain sounds was found. It's not music so I'm not distracted and the thunder definitely covers the rumbles.

4. Bible Concordance
The Concordance app I've have downloaded for a while just because it's really handy to look up verses really quick or look up the definition of a word in the Hebrew or Greek. This is really handy too if you are doing a word study in your devotions. I like Power Bible on my computer, but currently the computers are downstairs and I don't always feel like traipsing down there. Handy Dandy Bible Concordance app to the rescue of the lazy one. Haha!

5.Abiding Radio
I found this ministry years ago on the computer. You could listen to their radio station online. Fast forward a few years...I thought I would see if they had an app and they do! They have different choices for stations: Seasonal, Instrumental, Sacred, Childrens, and Bluegrass. Very seldom do I hear something that's not my taste, in other words something I want to skip, and that's just because I'm picky. This is so handy for God-honoring background music in your home if you have a phone or wireless so you can use your computer.

I hope you enjoyed a run down of my favorite apps. It was fun to put together and I'm always on the lookout for new helpful resources.

What apps are you using lately? Which are you using all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!