Since we moved into my Father-in-law's house, which is the process of being put in our name, I dreamed up many ideas for changes all throughout the house. Some of the projects are a little more prevalent, like the bathroom over the dream kitchen addition I would love. The whole bathroom needs painted and I have leftover gray paint that should cover it but we have a bathtub and wet wall issue, so I put that off. But one part of the bathroom I've been wanting to do all summer is the vanity.
Finally last week I did it. I took the old gold hardware off the one night to motivate myself, and the next day I tackled the sand and paint factor.
But before I continue I think I need to explain my title. Every time we go on a Home Depot or Lowes date (we take those OFTEN) I always check the Oops paint section. That's the clearance paint section, where you can get whoppers of a bargain. A few months back I picked up two baer paint sample containers on clearance for $.50. I knew they'd be great for my paint stash for whenever I am working on a craft project. Enter craft/work project...
This was the normal (I believe oak) vanity in the main bathroom of our home. It also happens to be the only full bathroom in our home. And my mother-in-law loved used a lot of hairspray. I don't even want you to see our baseboard cover in there, it's a project for another day. She also loved the color almond, everything is almond. EVERYTHING.
And here is a picture of what the paint in the bathroom looked like before it was almond. Almond was a great upgrade I will say. The other color was like a lilac-y purple. YIKES!
I did some Pinterest research and set out the one afternoon to create something lovely.
I do not know why I waited so long.
I forgot to take pictures showing how I lightly sanded everything, and then wiped it all with a damp cloth.
Ok. I did buy new hardware months ago in anticipation of doing this.
I chose a rubbed bronze look.
I applied one thin coat and let it dry before putting on another coat.
Note: My sample container was a paint and primer together.
I used whatever brush I could find and it was wider than the paint container, so that was fun.
Note to self- use a paintbrush that easily fits into the container next time.
After letting it dry, I put on the new hardware and fell in love with this:
Isn't it just Gorgeous!!!? Ok maybe you need to see the old one again:
Yeah, I thought so too. And to tell you the truth it was less then fifty cents
because I only used about 2/3 of the container. Deal!
And I think the hardware cost about $10 all together.
Slowly this bathroom is coming together.
The amazing chevron rug was an Ollies find for $8,
the wire basket with extra toilet paper is a Dollar General find for $6.
And they have smaller ones too.
Major wow factor for about $.35.







Looks great!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am so happy with the turnout!
Delete(Sandy here)
ReplyDeleteWow looks awesome! Love the color choice.
Thank you! Its hard to tell but its a navy with green undertone, so I'm hoping it will match with green accents.
Delete