So here I am, a week late. Today's Digging Deep isn't going to be SUPER DEEP. Today I just want to write briefly on the importance of writing down things that God is teaching you. Sometimes I read less during my devotions and take the rest of the time to write what God has been working on in my life, because let's face it, we don't always have time everyday to write, and sometimes He's teaching me things while I'm cleaning the house or fixing supper. But I believe it is still important to write about those things God has been teaching on so we don't forget. It may be things He's convicted you about, truths He's making real in your life, or just blessings you are so thankful for.
Why Write When God Speaks?
- Arsenal
you you have ready and waiting arsenal. Scriptures you've meditated on, truths to cling to
that are like an old friend, and the comforting character of God.
- Reflection
rocky path you walked and you will see His footsteps, and you can rejoice in the goodness of
the Lord. You have a written testiment of the working of the Lord in your life, how He's used
this to grow you, break you, mould you.
- Equipping
This week I've spent some time meditating on Scripture, hymns, and watching the ways God aligns messages, testimonies and cards in our life. And I want to remember it. I NEED to remember it. So I'm writing it down. You see, along with Working Man being sick last week, I also found out I'm going to be an aunt, again. An Auntie and not a mama. Everyone deals with heartache differently, I need a day or two to just process. To pray and cry and process. Please believe me when I tell you: I really don't want all my blog posts to sound the same, to always harp about the woes of infertility. Your struggle is very much the same as mine, whatever it is, mine just happens to be infertility. Struggles come in many forms, it may be: money trouble, wayward children, parents who've passed away, rejection by a friend, or chronic pain, I don't know. But you grieve, you suffer, you walk that trial much the same as I walk mine. So bear with me, as I share the things the Lord has taught me this week during my trial.
/11/ - He can give gladness and joy for sorrow and mourning.
/12/ - He is the Comforter
/16/ - The shadow of His hand, His blessed hand is over me. Shielding, protecting, comforting. I. Am. His.
Is. 53
/3/ - Christ is aquainted with grief, He knows it, understands it, feels it.
/4/ -On the cross, when He hung there, he bore my grief and sorrow over our infertility. He knew two thousand years later we would hurt like this and He carried that hurt for us. He knew this pain.
Is. 59
/1/ - The Lord's ear never tires from hearing me. Ever. I can always come to Him, He never tunes me out or doesn't pay attention.
These are just some of the things I recorded. That I didn't want to forget. And I need to finish before I forget the rest, the way He aligns my steps, providing comfort, strength, and even joy for the journey.
Take time and write down the things God is showing you. It's worth the effort and time to reflect of the goodness and faithfulness of God.

Good post! Thank you, I always look forward to these!...I am praying for you! :)
ReplyDeleteDee
Thanks! I'm so glad you enjoy them.
ReplyDelete